This recipe was given to me. It belongs to my brother-in-law's grandmother, Mary Francis Hill. In fact today (Sept. 19th) was her birthday! Enjoy!
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. chicken bouillion (i've never seen them in pkgs, so I'm assuming I used 1-2 tsp. of the granules last time I made this)
1 cup milk
Boil chicken breasts in a full pot of water for about 25-30 minutes. Remover chicken from pot, cool, and rip into bite size pieces. Return chicken to pot with remaining chicken water, over med-low heat. Add to the pot the soup, chicken bouillion, and milk.
Dumplings:
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 tsp. salt
3 cup flour
3/4 cup water
In a large bowl, put shortening, salt, and flour. Cut with pastry cutter until coarse crumbs. Add wather and mix with a fork. Them form into a ball and roll out on a floured surface. Cut dough into about 2-3" strips. Add dumplings to chicken mixture and increase heat to a boil. Cook about 30 minutes and serve.
1 comment:
Holly-
Your recipes look SO yummy!! I think I'm going to try your chicken and dumpling recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Nicole (Primary)
Post a Comment